In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Director of Audio Visual Technology Services will be responsible for applying cutting edge technology and innovation within AV technology environment while working to grow and develop some of the brightest minds in the field. Duties comprise of overseeing day to day operations leading to successful events within Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E). This candidate will manage full-time Audio Visual Technology Engineers and Technicians and oversee related aspects of live events and productions. The candidate will possess a strategic mindset and the ability to engage and motivate staff, while being innovative as it applies to the Audio Visual industry. Independent judgment and leadership are required to manage a diversified staff and workload.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Strategic leader within AV department who can manage staff workload, provide, and engage in continual growth and learning opportunities, and engage in tactical, hands-on work as needed.
- Manage responsibility for all services and activities involved in the production of live events, handling communications with other departments and act as a liaison to AV Department.
Maintain budget, work with Project Manager on researching, building, servicing, innovating, designing, and implementing short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure audio visual technology capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Establish and implement ongoing training and certification programs to ensure department staff can provide the best services and deliver top results for our events.
- Grow, develop, communicate, and provide tools to enable a highly skilled AV team to perform at peak levels. Develop accountability with staff regarding consistency and quality assurance and backstop for group with upper management.
Associates degree in the Audio Visual field and/or 15+ years equivalent work experience.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience in leading or managing complex, large scale, enterprise venue Audio Visual.
- Must have at least 8 years of supervisory experience working with team of at least 5 individuals.
Must have experience working in sports venue such as (NBA, NFL, NHL, NCCAA, MLS or MLB) and/or live event/broadcast planning, production, and management with a goal of maximizing guest experience.
- Knowledge of digital audio and video standards.
- Communication skills that are great over the phone and in person.
- Professional demeanor and can clearly articulate concepts and directions.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- The ability to use interpersonal styles and communication methods to inspire and persuade others to commit to your way of thinking using a collaborative style.
- Builds trust by leading with integrity; can motivate others, manage conflict, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripheral accessories, and research technology relating to field.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Adhere to company guidelines related to attendance, computer usage, etc.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites and work remotely within each franchise location (AT&T Center, Toyota Field, Austin, Practice Facility) relating to AV Needs.