Sports Info Solutions (SIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced statistical study of baseball, football, and now basketball. Formerly, known as Baseball Info Solutions (BIS), the company's mission is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball, football, and basketball data, including cutting-edge research and analysis, striving to educate professional teams and the public about analytics.
The Basketball Operation launched in May 2020 and has already gained significant traction in the NBA industry. The basketball group was founded by Jake Loos, who spent 5 seasons as the Director of Basketball Analytics & Technology for the Phoenix Suns. SIS is aiming to employ a workforce of highly trained basketball video scouts who conduct detailed evaluations of players and games, recording everything from basic shot tracking to advanced Basketball IQ measurements.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the basketball industry. The Basketball Research Analyst will be crucial in shaping the future of the basketball business as it builds on its partnerships in the NBA and expands to other levels of basketball. The candidate will take the lead on maintaining and enhancing our current infrastructure – this includes back-end data management & process improvement, integrating data from different sources, and building predictive models. Additionally, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop and execute on new and unique basketball research problems.
Strong candidates will possess a voracious work ethic, great attention to detail, passion for basketball and be able to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
- Maintain & enhance back-end data workflow, including the ingestion, automation, and analytics for in-house data collection
- Create and design data visualizations and other front-end reporting tools for client consumption and public content
- Develop predictive models to showcase the power of the data collected and increase its market valuation
- Assist in constructing near- and long-term strategy for the basketball scope
- Provide ad-hoc analyses as requested by clients and internal leadership
- Advanced degree or experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or related quantitative field
- Clear understanding of advanced basketball concepts and analytics
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL and at least one additional programming language (R or Python strongly preferred)
- Experience developing and interpreting predictive models (regression, clustering, ensemble models)
- Background or interest in Data Engineering is preferred
- Experience with GIT version control software (GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket) is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think through complex concepts comprehensively and efficiently
- Ability to and willingness to learn and get better every day
- Basketball analytics, playing, coaching and/or scouting experience is a plus
- Must be able to work nights, weekends & holidays
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.