Title: Basketball Video Scout
Reports to: Operations Lead
About Sports Info Solutions
Pioneers in the Sports Data Industry
SIS was founded on the belief that decision making in sports could be improved and that we could help teams win more games through the use of better data, analytics, and technology.
That belief has been validated repeatedly since our founding in 2002 as we continue to revolutionize the way the game is played, both on and off the field.
Our mission is to enrich and optimize the decision-making process for sports teams, sportsbooks, and sports fans.
We are proud to be a leader in collecting, analyzing and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams across the MLB, NBA and NFL.
We are now doubling down on what’s made us successful by further advancing our data, technology, insights and partners as we drive forward the next innovations in Sports Data and Analytics.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for a new team member to fill a seasonal position in our Basketball department as Video Scout.
The Basketball Operation launched in May 2020 and has already gained significant traction in the NBA industry. The basketball group was founded by Jake Loos, who spent 5 seasons as the Director of Basketball Analytics & Technology for the Phoenix Suns. SIS is aiming to employ a workforce of highly trained basketball video scouts who think basketball to conduct detailed evaluations of players on both sides of the ball, breaking down players strengths and weaknesses to the most minute microskill.
What you’ll do as Basketball Video Scout on the team at SIS:
Includes (but is not limited to):
- Collect data on amateur and professional basketball games on specialized computer software using groundbreaking scouting analytics tagging framework
- Review the accuracy and validity of data
- Assist with additional projects as instructed by full-time staff
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff and work on additional projects as needed
Why work with SIS?
We believe in making sports better through data, analysis and insights. For that reason, we have an incredible team of technologists, scouts, analysts, and operators helping our partners win more games.
It is our ultimate vision to create an unparalleled platform of sporting data and insights, through best-in-class technology, products and partnerships.
We believe in a flexible, energetic, enjoyable working environment where we band together as teammates to do great things. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, working in a collaborative, team-centric environment.
If you possess the following, you are well on your way to making an impact at SIS:
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced basketball concepts (basketball coaching, scouting, and/or playing experience is a plus)
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new software (Sportscode experience is a plus)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated with flexibility to work under tight deadlines in a remote team environment and independently as needed
- A willingness to learn
- An hourly rate based on experience plus college credit will be offered to each Video Scout.
- Each Video Scout will also be eligible for regular raises based on performance.
- There will be opportunities to work overtime to earn extra income (opportunities will depend on work levels throughout the year).
SIS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SIS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, including intensive computer usage.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.