*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced statistical study of baseball, football, and now basketball. Formerly known as Baseball Info Solutions (BIS), the company's mission is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball, football, and basketball data, including cutting-edge research and analysis, striving to educate professional teams and the public about analytics.
The Basketball Operation launched in May 2020 and has already gained significant traction in the NBA industry. The basketball group was founded by Jake Loos, who spent 5 seasons as the Director of Basketball Analytics & Technology for the Phoenix Suns. SIS is aiming to employ a workforce of highly trained basketball video scouts who think basketball to conduct detailed evaluations of players on both sides of the ball, breaking down players strengths and weaknesses to the most minute microskill.
- Collect data on amateur and professional basketball games on specialized computer software using groundbreaking scouting analytics tagging framework
- Review the accuracy and validity of data
- Assist with additional projects as instructed by full-time staff
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff and work on additional projects as needed
Strong candidates will possess exceptional attention to detail; a willingness to learn; a demonstrated understanding of advanced basketball concepts; and must be self-motivated with the flexibility to work under tight deadlines in a remote team environment and independently as needed.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced basketball concepts (basketball coaching, scouting, and/or playing experience is a plus)
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new software (Sportscode experience is a plus)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated with flexibility to work under tight deadlines in a remote team environment and independently as needed
- A willingness to learn
- An hourly rate based on experience plus college credit will be offered to each Video Scout.
- Each Video Scout will also be eligible for regular raises based on performance.
- There will be opportunities to work overtime to earn extra income (opportunities will depend on work levels throughout the year).
Work for the Future:
Through conversations in small groups, tailored talks, and weekly calls discussing various basketball-related topics, the SIS Hoops staff is focused on improving everyone’s basketball mind and pairing each scout with a mentor who can assist him/her in reaching their career goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.