*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Title: 2021 Baseball Video Editing Internship
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced statistical study of baseball and football. Formerly, known as Baseball Info Solutions (BIS), the company’s mission is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball and football data, including cutting-edge research and analysis, striving to educate professional teams and the public about analytics.
We started our football operation in 2015 and have seen exponential growth over the past five years. SIS employs a staff of expert full time baseball and football personnel and a workforce of highly trained video scouts who conduct several passes of each game, recording everything from basic box score data to more intricate data not seen in the box score.
SIS is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry. Video Editors will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company and clients during their time with us. Each Video Editor will be using video that is directly used by SIS clients (including major league teams) for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Editors become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds minor league players, but they will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
We take pride in making our internships great development opportunities for those looking to get their start in baseball. In addition to gaining invaluable experience reviewing thousands of players across different levels, we offer introductory classes that cover creating scouting reports and using the database management language, SQL. We also provide insight and advice from previous SIS Employees who have branched out into a variety of areas in the sports industry.
Please note: this position requires you to work out of our office in Coplay, PA and cannot be done remotely.
- During overnight shifts, edit video from Minor League games and properly mark in and out points for pitches and plays, ensuring all meaningful action is captured
- Validate the accuracy of Minor League pitch by pitch data
- Assist with the production of the 2022 Bill James Handbook
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- The start date for this position will be approximately 1 week before the Minor League season commences. The date still needs to be announced, but we expect it to be in late March or early April.
- This position will run through the end of the Minor League season, which typically ends on Labor Day (September 6, 2021). Extensions may be offered for the Minor League playoffs based on company workload and Video Editor performance.
- The availability of the position is dependent on the Minor League Season being played, and the number of teams participating in the season.
- Each Video Editor will also be eligible for monthly performance bonuses based on efficiency and accuracy of their work.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.