*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
NOTE: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the football industry. Video Scouts will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company. Each Video Scout will be collecting data that is directly used by SIS clients for advanced scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Scouts become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of amateur and professional players, but they will also learn about the ins and outs of the football analytics industry. Numerous Video Scouts have gone on to succeed in jobs with professional sports teams, collegiate teams and with SIS in a full-time capacity.
Strong candidates will possess great attention to detail, strong knowledge about NFL and NCAA rules, and be able to work in a collaborative team environment or independently, as needed.
Scout School: Led by former NFL scout, Matt Manocherian, SIS offers Video Scouts the opportunity to learn how to break down film, identify the critical factors for each position, and write NFL-style scouting reports. Scout School is an after-hours program designed for Video Scouts who are looking to begin their career as a football scout or evaluator. At the end of the season, the best scouting reports will be included in the 2021 SIS Football Rookie Handbook.
Duration: SIS Video Scouts will report to the SIS office in Pennsylvania to begin training on August 17th, 2020. The position will conclude December 2nd, 2020. Top Video Scouts will be offered extensions through the end of the NFL regular season.
- Score NFL and amateur football games using specialized computer software
- Review the accuracy and validity of data
- Break down at least five games per week with both accuracy and pace
- Assist with additional projects as instructed by full-time staff
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- Must be able to work out of our Lehigh Valley, PA office
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFL and NCAA rules
- Ability to identify and differentiate between players
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new software
- High attention to detail
- High school or college football playing experience is preferred but not necessary
- Football coaching and/or scouting experience is a plus
- Must be able to work nights and weekends including Thanksgiving weekend
- Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university
Compensation: A base hourly rate of $9 and/or college course credit will be offered to each Video Scout.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.