*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Sports Info Solutions, originally founded as Baseball Info Solutions, is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry. SIS is looking for Minor League Video Editors, who will watch and clip video from Minor League games while validating the accuracy of pitch by pitch information. The end result of each Video Editor’s work will allow professional teams and other SIS clients to conduct advanced player and team analysis, specifically relating to advanced scouting and player development. Video Editors will have the opportunity to watch thousands of players across multiple levels of Minor League baseball, while also learning the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
Former SIS interns have risen rapidly through Major League front offices after getting their start watching two to three games per day at SIS. In the words of one former intern and current Vice President of Baseball Operations, “My summer at [BIS] was the best baseball experience of my life.” Major League teams frequently come to us for recommendations when they need to fill a position within their organization, and our top interns each year routinely land team internships and/or full-time jobs.
We take pride in making our internships great development opportunities for those looking to get their start in baseball. In addition to gaining invaluable experience watching thousands of players across different levels, we offer introductory classes that cover writing scouting reports and using the database management language, SQL. We also provide insight and advice from previous SIS interns who have branched out into a variety of areas in the sports industry.
Please note: this position requires you to work out of our office in Coplay, PA and cannot be done remotely.
- During overnight shifts, edit video from Minor League games, properly marking in and out points for each pitch, ensuring all meaningful action is captured
- Validate the accuracy of Minor League pitch by pitch data
- Assist with the production of the 2021 Bill James Handbook
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- The start date for this position is March 30th, 2020. This position will last through the end of the Minor League season, with the last day of employment being Monday, September 7th, 2020 (Labor Day)
- This position will require relocation to Coplay, Pennsylvania; working remotely is not an option at this time
- A starting hourly rate of $9.00 and/or college course credit will be offered
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.