SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Exhibitor Services Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Exhibitor Services Manager to join our Events team. The Exhibitor Services Manager under general supervision, controls and monitors the processes of the sale and execution of NRG Park exhibitor services for conventions and tradeshows including but not limited to parking, electrical, telecommunications and audio visual services. Provide outstanding customer service to all guests, exhibitors, show decorators and clients. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Hire, train and supervise Exhibitor Service Desk staff to effectively sell exhibitor services.
- Ensure successful coordination of Exhibitor Services purchased by show managers, clients, exhibitors and vendors.
- Plan, organize, and assign all day-to-day work assignments for part-time exhibitor services staff.
- Act as the direct contact for all contractors supplying services for exhibitors and clients.
- Acts as the back-up Software Administrator.
- Coordinate event ordering information with all departments and subcontractors; coordinate with them on early installation of services where possible.
- Research, review and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required for online orders.
- Provide bi-annual pricing comparisons of equivalent services from comparable venues in the NRG Park region.
- Assist with special needs or requests for all orders, such as approving special orders or additional orders.
- Manage parking pass requests generated from all departments.
- Maintain an updated inventory of all parking passes on hand.
- Work directly with the Finance department on commission reports and audits generated from the online ordering system.
- In conjunction with Finance, conduct event audits for all events using contracted services.
- Run daily event reports as needed from the online ordering system.
- Assist in preparation of estimated revenues and/or expenses.
- Resolve routine and challenging situations with clients, exhibitors, contractors, and staff using open communication and critical thinking skills.
- Perform semi-annual and annual reviews of all directly reporting team members to provide feedback on performance.
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients, exhibitors, contractors and staff.
- Attend appropriate planning, organization and other facility and event meetings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures and event-related services.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
· Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
· Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.