POSITION: Production Technician – Part-time
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Production Technician for SMG/Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square. Responsible for supporting production department requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Setup, operation, breakdown, inventory, and maintenance broadcast, audio, lighting and video equipment needs for over 200 events per year.
· Saints/Pelicans game day broadcast, Concert & Special Events A/V requirements
· Assumes assigned production role & responsibilities as reqired.
· Understands and responds to client needs.
· Communicates in a friendly, respectful and understandable manner.
· Demonstrated communication, organization and customer service skills.
· Operate equipment requirements for successful event production.
· Provide technical support throughout events as assigned.
· Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Experience in broadcast production and A/V equipment for assigned responsibilities
· Able to operate machines such as scissor and bucket lifts, and able to work at heights over 50 ft.
· Must be able to lift and push a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and spend long periods on your feet.
· Must have a working knowledge of broadcast production, audio, video, lighting and general A/V equipment.
· Ability to have a flexible schedule and work nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
· Five (5) years of experience.
· Technical degree or certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 504-587-3995.