POSITION: Janitorial Command Post Representative
REPORTS TO: Janitorial Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Janitorial Command Postfor SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Command Post Representative is an essential person for communication and direction of all Housekeeping personnel. The Command Post Representative will maintain an accurate log of events that occur pre-event, during event and post-event. Command post is responsible for the dispatching of all essential Housekeeping personnel for event incidents. Command post is also the central information point for all event information. The key to being a great Housekeeping Command Post Representative is to be accessible and attentive. The Housekeeping Command Post Representative must maintain calm in stressful situations. The best Housekeeping Command Post Representative is one who demonstrates radio etiquette. A great Housekeeping Command Post Representative is also proactive and makes sure that any spills and other situations are handled immediately. A great Housekeeping Command Post Representative is one who takes ownership and makes sure that everything is being done so that each persona at the facility has an exceptional experience in a safe, clean and friendly environment.
· Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Housekeeping Supervisors. Taking direction from the command post captain or Event Coordinator for designated events.
· Text issues through IMS, will be responsible for having the issues resolved in a timely manner.
· Monitor all radio transmissions on Housekeeping radio channel.
· Ensure that incidents are documented in the IMS dispatch que, and the proper departments have been advised of the incident.
· Ensure that Housekeeping supervisors are aware of all issues pre-event, during the event, and post-event that affect the Housekeeping operations.
· Confirm with Housekeeping supervisors of redeployments for egress assignments.
· Prior to leaving command post, ensure all department incidents have been completed, log out of ISS 24/7 website, and turn off all technical equipment.
· Radio to event staff any spills for them to clean up immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· Professional demeanor
· Ability to multi-task
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Computer literate
· Accurate typing skills
· Attentive to details
Education and/or Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 504-587-3995.