DO NOT APPLY ON THIS WEBSITE
Recruiter: Erica Guilmino
P.O. Box 52439
New Orleans, La 70113
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 504-587-3995.
POSITION: Commissioned Public Safety Officer
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
REPORTS TO: Public Safety Full-time Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Commissioned Public Safety Officer for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responds to emergencies or other situations/problems affecting the safety of other persons.
· Guards highly valuable property, such as equipment, material, grounds, etc.
· Patrols an assigned area and/or stands a fixed post.
· Maintain proficiency in the use of an authorized firearm and execute duties in possession of such.
· Checks safety and security of buildings and grounds.
· Checks persons on the premises to determine if they possess proper identification and are authorized to be present on SMG property.
· Completes incident reports as required.
· Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to disturbances within an assigned area.
· Intervenes in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace or restore order.
· Effect arrests where warranted and authorized.
· Directs traffic on an interim basis at SMG property.
· Requests tow truck(s) to remove illegally parked vehicles.
· Responds to various emergencies and problems that impact on traffic control.
· Erects barricades, temporary signs, and ribbons for parking control.
· Moves barricades and signs.
· Performs simple maintenance to department equipment including vehicles, electronic access gates, bicycles, etc.
· Serves as information source to public for company activities and events such as athletic events, conferences, performances, etc.
· All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to work various shifts and 7 days a week
· Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays
· Minimum of one (1) year experience of armed security or law enforcement experience preferred
Education and/or Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Must be able to obtain a Special Officer’s permit through N.O.P.D. and carry a firearm
· Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License at time of appointment and throughout employment
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.