DO NOT APPLY ON THIS WEBSITE
Recruiter: Erica Guilmino
P.O. Box 52439
New Orleans, La 70113
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 504-587-3995.
POSITION: Assistant Chief of Public Safety
DEPARTMENT: Public Safety
REPORTS TO: Chief of Public Safety
FLSA STATUS: Salaried/Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Assistant Chief of Public Safety for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversees all Public Safety personnel, training programs, payroll, and accounting
· Develops policy guidelines
· Recommends disciplinary action
· Conducts inspections and audits to assure quality of service of subordinate personnel
· Participates in event planning efforts and coordinates with clients
· Approves incident reports and required
· Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to personnel complaints
· Intervenes in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace or to restore order.
· Effects arrests where warranted and authorized
· Performs other related duties as directed
· Reviews the work performance of all subordinate personnel
· Serves as an informational source to the public for company activities and events such as athletic events, conferences, performances, etc.
· All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Four-year college degree preferred, but a law enforcement or security related management background could be considered
· Minimum of 1-year security or police experience preferred
· Supervisory/Management in Security/Loss Prevention experience, related Facility Security Management background preferred
· A working knowledge of Constitutional, Statutory, and Civil Law
· A working knowledge of Business and Facility Management, Emergency Planning, Emergency Management, Legal and Regulatory aspects, Crowd Management and Security Principles and Practices preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Must be able to obtain a Commissioned Officer’s Permit through N.O.P.D.
· Must be able to obtain a Special Officer’s Permit through N.O.P.D. and carry a firearm
· Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s license at the time of appointment and throughout employment
· Must be able to work special event coverage to include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours, talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building as needed.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.