SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Staff Accountant for SMG/McCormick Place. As directed by the Sr. Financial Analyst performs the daily activities of the accounting function by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analysis for all McCormick Place and Wintrust Arena departments; recommends appropriate actions or changes in order to meet business goals.
- Assists in preparing 3-year budget for McCormick Place including supporting documentation.
- Assists in preparing monthly forecasts for McCormick Place and the Wintrust Arena including supporting documentation; as such prepares daily estimates on monthly revenue performance.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assists the Senior Financial Analyst with special reports as needed, including the preparation of various accounting statements, inventory reports, graphs, account reconciliation and financial reports.
- Identifies reconciling items between timekeeping system and the general ledger.
- Inputs journal entries.
- Maintains balance sheet detail records; performs account analysis.
- Maintains busing subsidies.
- Performs account analysis on other general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares and performs account and reconciliations, including A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging and ticket reconciliations.
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations and reconciles cash receipts and disbursements.
- Reviews and analyzes prepaid accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
B.S in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university, or similar combination of
education and experience, including accounting internship experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills and attention to details.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output. In addition, regular use of hands for typing and coding information is required. The employee is required to sit for long hours, use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays. No travel required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Stella Butera
301 E. Cermak Rd, Chicago, IL. 60616
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 312.791.7000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.