SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Accounting Manager for SMG Jacksonville. Responsible for manages the daily activities of the accounting functions at the venues as required by the Finance Director or General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, including budgeting, accounting, purchasing, and payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
- Reviews and prepares event settlements ensuring proper reconciliation of incoming revenues and internal and external expense payments/reimbursements associated with events in the venues.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits in a timely manner; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow.
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies.
- Prepares and assists with financial statements and other financial reporting to SMG Jacksonville, SMG Corporate and the City of Jacksonville, including monthly statements, monthly tax returns, the Annual Budget, Annual Report and required audits. Reviews financial statements with Building Directors, Assistant General Managers and General Manager.
- Coordinates with SMG Corporate Risk Management on insurance matters.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments and venues; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Directs the maintenance of accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises the Accounting Team and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills and attention to details
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
- Detail oriented
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- To perform this job successfully, the individual should have superior knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and be willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.