POSITION: FT Operations Staff
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/ Non Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Full Time Operations Staff at the Irving Convention Center. Under the direct supervision of the Operations Supervisor this position will perform various physical tasks to set-up and tear-down equipment and materials for arena and convention center events, as well as, clean and maintain the facility and provide other operational tasks as needed.
- Prepares facility for shows including chairs, stages, tables and other equipment as assigned.
- Reads, understands event work orders.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Attends to and conforms to the policies established by SMG in the successful performance of this position.
- Uses equipment as required upon completion of training in safe manner and as directed by operational standards i.e. forklifts, scrubbers, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position has limited supervisory responsibilities for employees in the operations department. Carries out any temporarily assigned supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Prior conversion and/or event experience in an arena, convention center or other similar public assembly facility is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, alone, or with or without direct supervision.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to follow written and or verbal instruction.
- Minimal proficiency computer skills including the ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, fax machines, phone, etc.
- Must be physically able to bend, stoop, walk up stairs and work from lifts, ladders for extended periods of time as needed.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events.
- Daily lifting up to 75 lbs. multiple times a day.
- Eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Must possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel negligible
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.