Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation, and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health, and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
Vaccination Policy: Playfly Sports requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Playfly will make accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
The primary responsibility of this position is to secure commercial revenue on behalf of Playfly Premier Partnerships’ portfolio of blue-chip sports & entertainment rights holders, including professional & collegiate teams, stadiums/arena, live events, and municipalities. The successful candidate will be an experienced, polished sales executive who is expected to consistently source, pitch, negotiate and close seven & eight figure partnerships across multiple client accounts, developing meaningful relationships with executive-level corporate decision makers that result in long term COI for our clients. Additionally, the Vice President, Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for management and development of sales staff as assigned by SVP, Corporate Partnerships.
- Management of Premier client accounts
- Oversight of assigned sales staff
- Identifying and soliciting new corporate partners
- Cold calling potential partners
- Identifying new sponsorable inventory
- Face-to-face sales meetings and presentations
- Maintaining and presenting client pipelines
- Developing sales presentations and proposals
- Travel domestically or internationally to meet with new or existing clients
- 8+ years of sales experience with a verifiable track record of success in sponsorship sales
- Solid network of high-level contacts with both brands and rightsholders
- Strong sports industry knowledge, specifically as it relates to sponsorships/commercial revenue programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven account management experience
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work solo or within a team atmosphere
- Sports industry experience strongly desired