Digital Account Executive - Home Team Sports
Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Home Team Sports, a division of Playfly Sports, is a complete sports marketing solution, providing full access to fans on a local, regional or national scale through customized brand integrations, branded-content platforms, live-game streaming, exclusive highlights, custom creative/advertising production, VIP hospitality experiences and more. Through our proud representation of ALL regional sports networks across the country, we provide game coverage of all MLB, NBA and NHL home teams in the U.S., reaching over 90 million homes across our television and streaming platforms. Home Team Sports’ wide-ranging and expanding portfolio also enables advertisers to connect with fans through our exclusive media rights in major college conferences (B1G, Pac-12 Networks, the ACC and the Big 12), college-owned multi-media rights across major universities/venues, and high-profile naming rights, title sponsorships and other major sponsorship platforms via highly-regarded sports marketing agency, Impression Sports & Entertainment.
We give brands unparalleled access to the most passionate home team fans across the country. The fans who, rain or shine, win or lose, are always there – standing by their teams until the very end. This enduring passion and support isn’t just another hobby for fans...it’s a part of their identity. Home Team Sports gives brands the unique and powerful opportunity to be a part of this phenomenon – to gain access to and engage with the most passionate fans in sports. We help fans extend their love for their home teams to the brands that associate with and support them.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
Playfly Sports requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Playfly will make accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
The Digital Sales Account Executive (AE) for Home Team Sports (HTS) will be responsible for revenue growth for all HTS digital offerings, through sales to agencies and clients directly. The AE will develop a solid understanding of HTS integrated Digital offerings, utilizing superb consultative selling skills and in addressing client needs to generate revenue. Building a productive sales pipeline, developing and managing highly effective account relationships, and driving digital revenue are key responsibilities. The AE will be responsible for assisting the Vice President, Digital Sales in developing revenue through the use of a comprehensive sales process (prospecting, developing a sales plan, and executing the plan). Additionally, the AE will be expected to train, lead, and manage the Client Services Representative (CSR, Sales Planner) and Client Service Coordinator (CSC, Sales Assistant) in accomplishing their daily tasks of maximizing revenue growth and converting client prospects into revenue-driving partners. The Digital AE will be held accountable to monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals as outlined each year by HTS Senior Management. These expected revenue measures will serve as proof of performance and success for this role.
- Aggressively pursue, develop, and maintain effective business relationships across all agency and client layers in the digital media marketplace.
- Work and develop revenue through new target growth categories, as assigned by Vice President, Digital Sales, and assist in developing new accounts for HTS Digital through digital agencies.
- These business relationships include but are not limited to; digital agencies, strategy teams, sports marketing or sponsorship teams, brand managers, agency buyers, social media teams, agency planners, and client-direct relationships.
- Create, develop and implement new concepts, packages, and platforms in collaboration with all aforementioned complementary internal groups, to present to agencies and clients on behalf of HTS in order to generate revenue.
- Develop innovative digital sales strategies and opportunities tailored specifically to HTS products that expand beyond the existing scope of HTS client solutions including video, social and programmatic.
- Serve as an expert consulting resource for all HTS digital offerings and assist the HTS internal teams, HTS representation partners, agencies, and clients to better understand and utilize such offerings.
- Tasked with developing relationships with other digital and media technology companies, agencies, startups, etc. and subsequently developing strategic partnerships and revenue opportunities.
- Ensure optimal market coverage by participating in client activities, trade association events and socials, and any ancillary activities that can assist in better visibility and revenue growth.
- Develop, cultivate and build strong relationships with other corporate and major media entities on cross-sales platforms and promotional opportunities.
- Role requires regular travel, multiple US cities across the southeastCollaborate with HTS Integrated Sales team to develop digital stand-alone partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference in Sports Media, Communications, Marketing or related fields.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of digital, sales and or agency experience in sports or entertainment field is required.
- Interest in and general understanding of the sports industry, and current contacts within the aforementioned business sectors is strongly recommended.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong organizational, presentation and public speaking, and project management skills are imperative to this role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications, including Word and Outlook is necessary.
- Ability for analytical reasoning of sales and research data (CPM, impressions, site metrics, data analysis, etc.).
- Must be technologically savvy with propensity for understanding new technology platforms and how they apply to our business model
- A proven ability to develop and maintain successful internal and external business relationships is essential.