Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
The Vice President, Transition (OPEN TO REMOTE) will build & lead a team that will focus on transitioning college and high school properties to the Playfly Sports Property division upon contract acquisition. This team will be critical in providing exemplary service to our University and brand partners and establishing the “Playfly Way” of operational excellence. The Vice President will provide oversight, strategy and management to both Playfly & the University during the transition process to ensure the properties’ success.
Responsibilities (aka Essential Functions)
- Build strategy & streamline processes for transition team to handle multiple properties at once during various stages of the transition process
- Establish 30/60/90 day transition plan to prioritize property needs and identify high priority accounts
- Manage, coach & mentor the Playfly Sports Properties transition team to ensure company & individual goals are met
- Assist the Business Development team by consulting on various sales strategies and materials & traveling to target properties to demonstrate the strategic advantages of the transition structure and instill confidence in Playfly, as needed
- Serve as the main point of contact for University Relations officials to align resources and ensure the property is meeting deliverables during the transition process. Coordinate with General Manager on communication handoff upon hire
- Confirm overall budget for new properties and establish staffing needs to meet assigned budget & revenue goals
- Identify appropriate office space for Playfly team, record account details and build out initial inventory list
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as HR to ensure new property is onboarded with Playfly properly
- Transition team may also assist with existing properties undergoing a transition, such as between GM’s, as needed
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the sports properties industry, required
- 5-7 years of people management experience, preferred
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Experience working in sports marketing software systems, KORE, SponsorUnited etc.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties across different geographic locations & timezones
- Excellent communication & project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple competing needs across the business
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Travel, Lifting, Physical Requirements
- This role requires regular travel and incumbents may travel up to 50% of the time to attend meetings/conferences & events at the properties.
The pay range for this role is $225,000 to $325,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital