Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
The Director of Corporate Events Planning is responsible for managing the events team in executing the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of all internal and external facing activities related to Playfly Sports. This role will direct events strategy in close coordination with the CEO, COO, and all Playfly Business Unit Leaders and will facilitate mutually beneficial exchanges between Marketing, Sales, and Communication departments to ensure successful execution. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, possess strong client relations skills, have a powerful rolodex of vendor connections across all major U.S. markets (or the ability to quickly obtain them), proven track record in project management and event planning success and most importantly have strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Develop and manage holistic internal and external events strategy for all of Playfly
- Oversee production of employee engagement and client cultivation activities, including but not limited to the planning and execution of client entertainment trips, sales conferences, All Hands, quarterly divisional management meetings, and internal and external premium gifting.
- Produce small- and large-scale events across the United States
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of events management, including the creation of timelines and production schedules to manage all aspects of the project from an internal and external standpoint
- Liaise with various vendors, including but not limited to catering and staffing services, A/V, rental companies, and external venues
- Coordinate with Head of Business Development and other internal stakeholders, including the global sales team, on guest list management
- Oversee overall event budget, expense tracking and invoice processing with Finance
- Address potential problems and analyze risks to create solutions
- Work in partnership with several departments across the organization to execute events, including but not limited to Chief of Staff, HR, Marketing, Public Relations, and Sales
- Handle customer complaints and correspondence
- Ensure brand quality
- Ensure that all legal, health, and all other regulations are followed
- Ability to develop, lead and execute the creation of a national experiential platform that ensures a seamless planning, sell-in and event execution
- Work collaboratively with our brand and properties business development teams to identify key targets and sales materials.
- Participate in the reimagining of venues for the purpose of maximizing hospitality revenues & experiences. This includes the potential development of temporary to semi-permanent hospitality areas at sports & entertainment venues nationwide.
- Lead and execute all aspects of multiple live hospitality events including partner, client and vendor management
- Oversee development and management of all hospitality budgets with a focus on achieving client needs while maintaining budgetary constraints
- Provide clear, timely and accurate financial reporting (e.g. invoicing, reconciliation, etc.) as deemed by finance department
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Planning (or related field)
- 7-10 years of experience leading the execution of all aspects of large-scale events of 200+ attendees at fast-paced organization within sports, media, and entertainment industry
- 5+ years of progressive experience in event planning, project management and design
- 5+ years of proven sourcing and negotiation experience
- Experience managing team of employees and external vendors
- Extensive multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent multi-level communication skills
- Stellar time management skills
Playfly Sports is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Compensation includes salary, incentive targets and company benefits.
The pay range for this role is $135,000 to $155,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.