Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
Vaccination Policy: Playfly Sports requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Playfly will make accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
The Playfly Sports Chief of Staff will work closely with our executive team, overseeing company-wide program management, executive administration team, daily business and office operations, streamlining strategic initiatives, enhancing productivity, ESG, and communicating objectives between all Playfly Business Units in the Playfly offices across the country. Our Chief of Staff will support the Playfly Organization and will be experienced in planning, strategy, and presentations.
- Work closely with CEO, COO and Executive team to define, develop and manage strategic company-wide initiatives, forming new internal strategies, and driving consensus around key corporate goals
- Partners with finance on costs, efficiencies, annual business planning and budgeting process; streamlining resources and maximizing budget impact
- Oversees the central function of "corporate” and the daily on-goings of the internal business including corporate program and project management, responsible for streamlining strategic initiatives, enhancing productivity, and communicating objectives across all internal stakeholders
- Drive decision-making, program management, prioritization, and initiative implementation for external partners and board to deliver business impact
- Review, design, and execute on structural business improvements and workflow. Provide recommendations to Human Resources about employee skill gaps.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Operations to improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Lead internal employee and partner communications strategy to ensure strong employee and partner engagement and motivation
- Owns corporate strategic ESG business planning, programming, and initiatives
- Responsible for building positive company culture in collaboration with the Head of Human Resources; advise on employee learning and development programming, maintain core values, advocate for employee well-being, diversity, equity, inclusion, and community efforts
- Directly reports to CEO
- Manage a team; collectively responsible for all Playfly Office and Administrative needs including day-to-day operations and organization of Berwyn headquarters and other major offices such as New York, Chicago, and LA.
- Oversee daily business operations, owning the tactical tasks; prepare board meetings, weekly management and monthly company all-hand meetings (in-person and virtual); agenda setting, presentations, participation in board prep and correspondence
- Working with the CEO/COO and other executives on special projects and priorities set by management
- Partner with PR and HR on Internal communication strategy and driving company culture
- Key steward of expenses/costs and efficiencies throughout the company
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing company communications and help to define new functional strategies.
- Own partner and client experience through liaising with Enterprise Catalysts (ECs)
- Ensuring budgeted company resources are maximized annually
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Four-year college degree; Master’s degree preferred in Communications, Finance, Media, Business, or similar field
- 4+ years in a business or executive management support role
- Proven experience organizing and managing multiple teams and departments
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Capable of facilitating large meeting settings
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Experience with event management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.