Job title: Senior Accounting Analyst
Reports to: Controller
Location: Washington, DC area
Purpose: OneTeam Partners is seeking a highly skilled Senior Accounting Analyst who wants to make their mark on a rapidly growing organization at the heart of sports and business. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, enjoys collaborating with people across the organization, and embraces a dynamic environment. The Senior Accounting Analyst will support the team with the month end close, reconciliations, and preparation and review of financial packages.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Active involvement in the monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries and cost allocations, review of revenue, royalties, costs of sales and operating expenses
- Prepare, examine, analyze accounting records, assist with financial statement preparation, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Draft monthly financial package in collaboration with the Controller, including P&L fluctuation analysis
- Assist in ensuring a timely and accurate month end close, including the preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing cash reporting and forecasting distributed to executives
- Assist Controller with treasury operations (Payroll, A/R, A/P, credit card, vendor applications)
- Provide support during the annual financial statement audit and tax returns including preparation of schedules, verifying samples, and assisting with walkthroughs
- Collaborate on evaluation of potential new ERP system and participate in design, testing, and conversion
- Collaborate with Controller on budget to actual analysis and investor reporting
- Assist with the customer/licensee collections process, maintain relationships with AP personnel as well as Player Association personnel
- Effectively communicate with sales and project teams on project status updates and other project metrics (including budgets, cost tracking and cost allocations)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in accounting, finance or business related field.
- 4-6 years of experience; ideal candidate will have public accounting + some corporate accounting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, in-depth general ledger and balance sheet account reconciliation experience
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize a diverse workload
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively communicate financial data to management
- Intellectually curious, independent and driven to improve self and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/SharePoint/Google Sheets and ability to adapt to different software environments
- Experience with QuickBooks, NetSuite, Workday and other accounting systems
Formed in November 2019, OneTeam Partners is a joint venture between the NFL Players Association (NFLPA), MLB Players Association (MLBPA) and RedBird Capital Partners. OneTeam helps athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights by transforming the way in which athletes interact with businesses across four verticals: group licensing, athlete marketing, content creation and venture investing. OneTeam represents a range of commercial business interests on behalf of the NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, U.S. Women's National Team Players Association, Women's National Basketball Players Association, and U.S. Rugby Players Association.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.