Job title: Manager, Athlete Relations
Reports to: Head of Athlete Relations
Direct reports: TBD
The Manager of Athlete Relations will serve across the organization to help identify and procure talent for all properties for athlete marketing, sponsorship, licensing, and content needs. This role will be deeply connected across the major agencies, with positive relationships and knowledge of agents and marketing reps. This role will help identify talent who will deliver on authentic brand objectives within the budget and parameters necessary. This role will be responsible for assisting with content ideas, athlete recommendations based on essential criteria and must be a critical thinker with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines. Additionally, this role will help negotiate contracts with marketing reps, securing talent for partnerships and content opportunities and then managing the talent throughout the activation.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a robust database of athlete attributes, likes, dislikes, hobbies, and pricing to help with pitches and proposals for athlete marketing and content opportunities
- Assist with concept creation/ideation for brands core business objectives as it relates to talent
- A deep understanding of athlete relations practice and process for procuring athletes for brand campaigns and content projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing agents across sports
- Work with NFLPA Player Services to identify and procure NFL players for opportunities
- Negotiate contracts with marketing agents for talent opportunities outside NFL players
- Manage the talent activation, ensuring all deliverables are finished and delivered on time and payments are made
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- 7-10 years experience in talent buying, booking and/or producing; experience with branded content a plus.
- Bachelors degree
- Compelling communicator and relationship builder
- Must has experience in a fast-paced work environment, the ability to handle a very heavy work load, and balance several on-going projects at one time
- Must be a people person; willing and able to handle many different personalities and relationships on a regular basis
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with athletes and athlete management
- In-depth knowledge of current trends in athlete marketing and media
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.