Marketing Intern with Webster Bank Arena/OVG Facilities in Bridgeport, CT
Webster Bank Arena/OVG Facilities jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport, CT
Are you an outgoing, organized college junior, senior or graduate student looking to enhance your experience in Marketing? Do you enjoy concerts, live events or interacting with people? This intern will work closely with the Marketing Department of OVG Facilities at Webster Bank Arena to learn how to use various marketing tools and resources to promote events and the venue as well as to help create a positive guest experience.
- College juniors, seniors, or graduate students
- Proficient with computers in Windows format and experience in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Must be self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work nights, weekends and/or event days when necessary
Position Functions & Learning Opportunities including (but not limited to)
- Understand how to conduct marketing research through phone calls, emailing, searching the internet and conducting meetings with various individuals within the market
- Assist in developing and implementing event marketing plans and promotions
- Participate in grassroots marketing, including distribution of flyers, hanging posters and creating relationships with various retailers to promote events
- Attend meetings that include brainstorming sessions and explain how to execute public relations event ideas
- Assist with Public Relations efforts for events, including drafting and distribution of press releases and media advisories, creation and delivery of media drops, updating of media distribution lists, and supervision of media at events
- Assisting the marketing staff at booths/tables at festivals, fairs and other events with high traffic to publicize the arena and our events
- Assist with organization of customer data captured through post-event surveys.
- Assist department in gathering press clips
- Perform variety of event day responsibilities within the Marketing Department
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?