Operations Coordinator with Webster Bank Arena/OVG Facilities in Bridgeport, CT
Webster Bank Arena/OVG Facilities jobs
Sports Jobs in Bridgeport, CT
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Conversion Crew
Webster Bank Arena is a sports and entertainment venue managed by Oak View Group Facilities and is located in the heart of Bridgeport, CT. The arena is home to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders), Sacred Heart University Men’s ice hockey, and Fairfield University Men’s and Women’s basketball. In addition to the various sporting events held year-round, the arena plays host to various concerts, comedy shows, expos, and family shows.
Reporting to the Director of Events and Operations, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting all daily operations, building maintenance, and supervising changeovers at Webster Bank Arena.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Supervise all changeovers and arena conversions to and from hockey, basketball, and special event setups
- Oversee all part time changeover staff including scheduling of staff and monitoring performance
- Liaison with other arena departments regarding event setups including stage layout, seating layout, tenant special requests, etc.
- Assist with the facilitation of event load ins and load outs that are typically early in the mornings and/or late into the evenings, when necessary
- Assist with building maintenance projects, including but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, and basic carpentry projects.
- Take an active role in improving the operations and quality of Webster Bank Arena facilities and infrastructure, including identifying potential problems and creating solutions to be presented to management
- Supervise contractors and vendors working inside the facility
- Manage all arena equipment and assets including tables, chairs, tools, team equipment, etc.
- Schedule and conduct regular maintenance on all arena equipment
- Schedule, supervise, and manage part time operations and cleaning staff
- Create and execute monthly maintenance checklist and procedures
- Assist with ice crew and game operations during hockey events
- Monitor building systems throughout events, identifying and solving potential problems
- Perform basic landscaping and snow removal when necessary
- Communicate in a timely fashion any/all opportunities for improvement and proposed solutions to the Director of Events and Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 – 3 years of experience in operations, preferably in a stadium, arena, theater, or other public assembly facility
- Experience in construction management, vendor/contractor management, etc.
- Ability to work a varying schedule, including but not limited to, early mornings, evenings, and overnight, when necessary
- Ability to regularly supervise changeovers occurring during the overnight hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (4 – 6 years experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in basic construction and/or handyman skills
- Experience managing, scheduling, and training part time employees
- Ability to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules (including nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours)
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands, and Work Environment
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via radio/walkie, telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs.
The employee must be able to:
- Stand and walk four to six hours at a time during events
- Read, speak, understand English
- Work in an environment which may contain loud noise, bright lights, and ranging temperatures
- Direct and manage part time staff members
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, late nights, and early mornings
Equal Employment Opportunity
Webster Bank Arena does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
How did you hear about this job?