*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The New Orleans Pelicans G League affiliate, the Birmingham Squadron, are seeking multiple individuals to play an important public-facing role. The mascot coordinators help bring the team’s mascot to life for our fans and community. This costumed position does not require prior mascot experience; however, it requires a captivating personality and the ability to create special moments for people of all ages and abilities without saying a word. By appearing at Squadron’s home games as well as potential community events, the mascot coordinators create goodwill for the team and help cultivate a new generation of basketball fans in Birmingham, Alabama.
This part-time position is compensated on an hourly basis and requires a commitment for at least the duration of the 2021-22 NBA G-League season. This role does not require athletic ability, but it does require physical stamina. Its a great opportunity for college students or people who enjoy working in live entertainment. Please note that candidates must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to be eligible for this position, due to the NBA’s G-League health & safety protocols.
- Serve as a positive community ambassador for the Squadron brand.
- Appear at Squadron home games, which includes greeting fans, photo stations and seat visits.
- Make community appearances as requested by the Squadron or their partners.
- Adhere to all NBA G-League mascot performance guidelines and protocols.
- Maintain the integrity of the mascot costume, including basic cleaning and repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an outgoing, positive individual who can easily connect with fans of all ages and abilities.
- Must be able to read social cues to understand the level of engagement each fan may want.
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to wear heavy costumes and stand or walk for extended periods of time, as well as work in hot or inclement weather.
- Must be able and willing to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel for appearances throughout the Birmingham area.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 due to NBA health & safety protocols.
- This is a part-time, hourly position with the Birmingham Squadron organization.
- “Appearances” may include Squadron home games and non-gameday events.
- Mascot must submit detailed timesheets for every appearance, including on gamedays.
- Should the Mascot travel (by car) more than 50 miles from Legacy Arena for a work assignment, they will receive $20 per hour for travel time.
- The Squadron may secure the services of an alternate in the event that the Mascot is unable to perform their duties.
- The Mascot is not expected to perform athletic or acrobatic feats as part of their appearances.
- This position does not require “office hours” beyond what is required to execute the scope of work noted above.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.