*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Saints and Pelicans’ Business Intelligence department is looking for a talented analyst who is passionate about designing, crafting, and operating automated analytical solutions that will drive scientific data-driven decision making and have direct and measurable positive impact to both the New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans, as well as Faubourg Brewing Co., Benson Capital Partners, other Benson Businesses, and ultimately their customers.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will play an important role in the Business Intelligence department and support Ticket Sales, Marketing, Digital Media, Corporate Partnership, and other related departments and business units.This position will take the lead in providing key metrics, insights and recommendations for pricing analytics and forecasting, as well as be responsible for specific reports and dashboards to be distributed across various departments and senior executives.
There are three teams in the Business Intelligence department - Business Analysts, Data Operations, and Data Science.As a key member on the Business Analysts team, you will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Operation Analysts and Marketing and Digital Media Analysts, you will own and manage projects, you will use advanced and evolving methods to solve business problems, and you will meet business leaders across the company, and deliver actionable insights and tangible business value.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain reports and dashboard to measure, monitor and analyze demand, supply, equilibriums, elasticities, and other metrics
- Assist with Pricing Analytics, Revenue Forecasting, Competitions and Replacements analysis in the market, and related projects
- Be the business analytics owner and project manager in the Ticket Sales area.Work closely with the Data Operations and Data Science teams, manage and assist with fulfilling Ticket Sales related data and analytics requests across the company
- Work closely with the Data Operations team within the Business Intelligence department to acquire and integrate data from various businesses and data sources, including but not limited to Faubourg Brewing Company, Automotive Businesses, Federal and Regional economic analysis data, local concerts and events data, etc.
- Analyze local and regional market data from Bloomberg, Moody’s Analytics, Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics, etc. to forecast demand and pricing trends for the various products of our businesses
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards and data visualizations that are focused on local and regional economy trends and forecasts
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnership focused analyst and the Marketing and Digital Media focused analyst to support the analysis of digital/social content asset, pricing and inventories, as well as design research/survey, analyze customer/fan behavior data across all digital channels, and identify key trends
- Work closely with other Business Intelligence Analysts to support Sponsorship Sales, Premium Sales, and other B2B Sales and Retention initiatives
- Work closely with the Data Science team within the Business Intelligence department to design and build dataset and statistical models for pricing analytics, revenue projections, etc.
- Support data analytics projects of Faubourg Brewing Companyand the automotive businesses
- Assist with strategic economical analytics project, such as Market Design, Market Structure, Product Evaluation, Consumer Research, etc.
- Build reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze data warehouse performance in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Build reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze the quality of data in the data warehouse in order to provide sufficient and effective support to the Sales and Marketing campaigns
- Support ETL projects that integrate various data sources into the data warehouse
- Document and build visual of conceptual architecture for each database in the data warehouse
- Build and document SQL queries, views and/or SQL examples that provide support to the Business Intelligence team
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Bachelor’s degree in in Economics, Business Analytics, MBA or a related field
- Proven data analytics experience is required
- Highly analytical person with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience with Microeconomics concepts and strategies, and experience with pricing and forecasting analytics
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with SQL and Tableau
- Proven strong Mathematics capabilities
- Strong communication and organization skills required
- Highly self-motivated individual with excellent teamwork spirit
- Project management experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus
- Advanced Tableau, SQL and Python experience is a plus
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling experience is a plus
- Experience within the sports industry is not required, but is a plus
- Typical office environment
- Working schedule/hours will ebb and flow with NFL/NBA schedule, and will include working some late hours, holidays, nights, and weekends
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.