*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Overall Job Purpose:
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for performing accounting tasks for the maintenance and processing of balance sheet accounting, accounts receivable oversight, stadium revenues and expenses, and assisting with monthly financial statement close process.
- General Ledger (GL) system- oversight of balance sheet accounts including: accounts receivable, prepaid expenses and other current assets, equity method investments, fixed assets and intangibles, accrued and other liabilities.
- Accounts receivable oversight
- Accounting for stadium revenues and expenses
- Assist with monthly close process and account reconciliations
- Year-end Financial Audit- Assist with providing information to external auditors during audit
- Assist with other projects as deemed necessary
- CPA, College degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Two years of work experience in accounting
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure in meeting internal and external deadlines
- Ability to work productively and effectively at all times
- Ability to change or adapt to work practices, priorities, or procedures, or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools effectively
- Knowledgeable with accounting programs and software, specifically with Microsoft accounting system
- Strong understanding of principles of finance and accounting
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.