*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Season Ticket Account Executive takes the role of the lead new business generator in the sales department in the areas of full season tickets and partial plans including: floor seating, club seating, and luxury suites for the New Orleans Pelicans. We employ a full menu strategy focusing our efforts on group ticket sales and programs. This position will be responsible for a new sales goal with revenue generated from business to business calls, personal prospecting calls, email marketing, face to face presentations, out of office appointments, in arena tours, sales influencer events, networking, and referrals, all driven through a relationship building philosophy and a development of your professional and personal network.
- Meet or exceed established monthly and yearly revenue and ticket goals set for new business with a results driven approach toward managing a self developed book of business.
- Effectively and efficiently prospect for new revenue through researching industries, companies and individuals; business to business calls; attending networking, charity, philanthropic, and community events; becoming a member of chambers or other business networking groups; speaking engagements; and conducting professional meetings with potential candidates.
- Entertain and nurture relationships with clients and prospects through creative means including but not limited to: one-on-one dinners, lunches, and happy hours; entertaining at games and events, open houses and exclusive seat holder events; driving opportunities for up-sells, cross-sells, add-ons, and referrals.
- Create a network that you are able to grow over time by getting connected in the marketplace, cultivating long lasting revenue generating relationships.
- Conduct professional consultative sales presentations via face to face and phone with a sophisticated corporate sales approach, driving business solutions through a customized needs analysis, enhancing the New Orleans Pelicans book of business through strategic corporate partnerships.
- Based on feedback from meetings/calls, present any number of custom ticket and hospitality packages including: Floor Seating, Luxury Suites, VIP Club Seating, season seats, partial plans, group ticket packages, employee group nights, private press box events, and executive amenities.
- Develop strategic plans to build client development programs and processes in order to establish a mutually beneficial business relationship that will ultimately drive ROI and assist in the renewal and longevity of the client.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects and clients through proactive communication including touch points, phone calls, emails, invitations, events, seat visits, and other communication channels.
- Develop a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales plan to grow your personal book of business.
- Actively engage in the ongoing Sales Training provided by the Pelicans and continue to sharpen and improve skills and abilities.
- Embrace the values of the Pelicans sales family: work ethic, positivity, coachability, (sales) cultural leadership, passion for sales, passion for craft, and passion for sports business.
- Perform various duties on game nights including entertaining clients and prospects
- Attend team and community events for the purpose of maximizing sales and service opportunities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work under the stress of deadlines and prioritize work when given multiple projects
- Ability to take direction and work well with others
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays and eventnights
- College degree required; preferably in business or sports management
- 2-3 years of sales experience required
- Previous Ticket Sales experience strongly preferred
- Proven record of sales achievements, preferably from sports industry/ticket sales
- Experience in selling to and working with President/CEO level executives
- Experience and success in developing and building relationships with a creative consultative approach
- Passion for craft, sales, and sports business
- Stellar work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Proven ability to work as a team member
- Self-motivated with a tireless internal motor
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient computer skills preferred (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint). CRM and SRO background is a plus.
- You will need to be at most Pelicans home games as well as many external events throughout the year. This job is not a 9-5 position and candidates should be aware of the time commitment and unique hours that are required to be successful.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.