The Payroll Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely payroll processing for all New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans employees in accordance with company policies. Payroll includes multi-state processing. This position will be responsible for processing bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls using an automated payroll system as well as time and attendance system to produce accurate and timely payroll and reports as well as ensure timely payment of employees.
- Administer and process all payroll systems in a timely and accurate manner including the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Oversee payroll operations including financial management of player contracts; state tax calculations and filings, recovery of personal expenses, sales commissions, benefits tracking and proper recording of payroll;
- Review and process all payroll changes to ensure accuracy and validity prior to payroll submission
- Ensure all payroll changes are processed and flow through payroll system in a timely manner
- Maintain payroll records in a confidential manner
- Reconcile payrolls and provide general ledger support
- Assist in preparation of all necessary tax filings, as required
- Prepare and submit all 401k and other employee benefit programs funding requests to ensure timely and accurate postings to member accounts
- Manages 401K audits, reporting, and annual filings;
- Reconcile quarterly and year end payroll reports to ensure accurate and complete preparation of W-2 forms
- Assist with yearly Affordable Care Act compliance
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Proficient using Cloud-based payroll software and reporting systems. Working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce a plus.
- Strong knowledge of multi-state payroll processing and duty day calculations
- Excellent computer skills to include a proficiency and solid background in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information including the security of employee personal information
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with internal customers effectively by phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and organized
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule.
- Typical office environment
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer 80% of the day
- Must be able to work extended hours, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Occasionally move general office equipment or supplies up to 15 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.