Reporting to the Director of Partnership Marketing, the Senior Manager will be a leader within the Partnership Marketing team. The role encompasses both successful and timely implementation of contractual elements, but also developing strategy and pushing for growth for a robust book of business. The Senior Manager will oversee one full time coordinator and one associate.
Does this Sound Like You?
Have you been looking for the most unique opportunity in professional sports? Are you interested in working for teams in two of the most recognized sports leagues in the world? Do you find yourself thinking like a marketer and hungry for the opportunity to create alignment between brands and their sports partners?
A Little About Us
The New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints Corporate Partnerships department encompasses a consultative approach to partnership management. The Partnership Marketing team is responsible for relationship building, fulfillment, execution and overall management of the teams’ corporate partnerships, and is expected to drive revenue by retaining/renewing and growing partnerships. The team is expected to have a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Corporate Partnership department’s overall operations, including (but not limited to) special event planning, community programs, digital campaigns, brand management, media management, and executing/capturing case studies and best in class examples. This individual must have a passion for driving revenue, meeting department and team goals and serve as an industry specialist within their respective book of business.
What Will Be Expected of You:
- Explore and understand each partner’s business and industry, and the goals and objectives for their partnership with the Pelicans and Saints,
- Develop compelling integrated marketing campaigns to maximize the partnership value for the brand and team
- Responsible for developing personal and business relationships with all levels of partner contacts (i.e., day to day contacts, Sr. Management, C level executives, owners, etc.) and manage partnership communications, including regular outreach, calls, meetings and presentations.
- Take lead in developing and managing a strategic plan for all renewal accounts
- Further the renewal and partner growth efforts by fulfilling all elements within partnership deals
- Develop partnership campaigns that have an integrated marketing approach and consistently provide the brand with new marketing opportunities that will help their business and generate incremental revenue for the teams
- Manage various projects or disciplines within the Corporate Partnerships department that will positively impact the entire team and their strategy for current and new partners. Such disciplines could include community relations projects, social media strategies, maximizing PR efforts, etc.
- Manage and oversee the growth of one full time coordinator and one year-long associate
- Responsible for renewing and upselling not only their entire book of business, but the partnerships managed by the coordinator and associate as well
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-6 years of professional experience in professional sports, brand or agency work
- Preferred experience in client management, partnership activation, brand strategy and sales
- Should bring a love of solving strategic business challenges with creative solutions in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and passion to sell, be a creative marketer and problem solver
- Must be timely and have a flexible work schedule in order to deal effectively with special event responsibilities throughout the year: weekends, nights and holidays as dictated by events or requirements
- Thrive in a fast-paced workplace where managing multiple projects is critical to success
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.