*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Account Executive, Partnership & Marketing
About the Position
Want to be part of history? The New Orleans Pelicans NEW G-LEAGUE team is seeking an Account Executive, Partnership Sales & Marketing to generate and develop sales revenue for our corporate partnership initiatives. In this role, you will be a valuable contributor in driving partnership and marketing programs within this core sector of the business in the newly renovated $100M Legacy Arena. Additionally, you will drive partnership revenue while utilizing your creativity, resilience and determination to exceed sales targets and quotas with a brand-new team in the NBA’s G-League. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of building something from the ground up, innovating/collaborating with partners, and creating your mark on history in growing the New Orleans Pelicans G-League Affiliate team.
This is a full-time position based in Birmingham, Alabama.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Sales to develop and sell sponsorship programs, conduct sales meetings and presentations on a regular basis, negotiate and prepare contract terms of partnerships with input from Pelicans Corporate Partnership team.
- Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals as assigned and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorships in all major categories; achieve corporate and department management objectives
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leaders to execute partnership programs and integrated campaigns; implement development strategies to continually engage partners in our business
- Participate in the partnership renewal process; meet and exceed department goals
- Build and sustain positive working relationships with corporate partners
- Attend all home games and special events
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a partnership sales or account management role, -preferably within the sports industry
- Track record of exceeding sales targets and quotas
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and resolution skills
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and work nights, weekends and holidays
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Pelicans are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Pelicans will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Pelicans are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.