The New Orleans Saints and Pelicans are looking for a Network Administrator who can plan the future growth and expansion of our computer network. The Network Administrator will be responsible for maintaining our current systems and keeping our IT support staff updated on the latest tools and processes. The ideal candidate for this position is experienced with Cisco networking equipment, and is well versed in Windows-based cloud computing solutions. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience at the enterprise networking level, and can work well with legacy systems.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks and in house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Establish and maintain great working relationships with our vendors.
- Maintains current technical expertise in rapidly changing technology environment.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all departments and seeks out ways to improve their productivity.
- Other related duties as required.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2-4 years proven experience in a network administrator role.
- Familiarity with any of the following: Cisco products, Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare Network Monitoring Tools, DNS, DHCP.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Must be able to carry a cell phone and respond promptly to occasional requests for assistance (24/7).
- Some occasional travel is required.
- Must be able to lift and carry computer equipment.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with internal customers effectively by phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
- Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule, including participation in on-call rotation schedule.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex server and desktop issues.
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide vendor oversight for assigned projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.