Are you a recent college graduate with a passion for sports through visual storytelling and enjoy creating motion graphics that engage live audiences and represent our team? This is the internship for you!
THIS POSITION IS A PAID, 12 MONTH INTERNSHIP WITH REQUIRED RELOCATION TO NEW ORLEANS, LA FOR THE DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT.
The New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans Associate Program will unite a team of energetic and ambitious post-graduates looking for an opportunity to enhance their education with real world, hands-on experience. As an intern, you will have the unique experience of learning from multiple departments of not only one, but two professional sports teams – the New Orleans Saints (NFL) and the New Orleans Pelicans (NBA). As life is within the sports industry, your day-to-day responsibilities will rarely be the same! From Saints Training Camp to Pelicans Game Days, Saints Game Days to Pelicans Community Events, the goal of our associate program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. We invite those with energy and innovation to work together as part of this exciting internship program
The Motion Graphics Associate is responsible for assisting in creatively producing content for both the Pelicans and Saints video boards, including LED ribbon boards, Exterior Marquee Boards, etc. Works with Pelicans and Saints video production department to design graphics and animation packages for both game day and non-game day content. This includes other duties and projects as assigned by the Senior Motion Graphics Manager. Must be available to work all home games. This is a seasonal paid internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design and create graphics and animation packages for in-arena video and LED presentation
- Assist Pelicans and Saints video production department with headshots and open video creation
- Update features and packages as necessary throughout the season (Next Home Game, Item of the Game, etc.)
- Stay on top of trends and ideas within motion graphics/animation industry
- Work with other departments to address video production needs, as time allows
- Participate as a member of Pelicans and Saints In-Arena Video Production on game nights
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree preferred but not required - Motion Graphics, Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or related majors are ideal.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for basketball and football are a plus, but not a necessity.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Creative individual who can collaborate in a team environment.
- Must be adept at giving and receiving constructive feedback with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, high energy environment.
**MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO OF WORK ALONG WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED**
While performing the duties assigned, the employee must be willing to work irregular hours, which include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
**Please submit resume reel or examples of your work**
Applications must be submitted through Teamwork. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.