*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The New Orleans Pelicans are seeking positive and outgoing game night staff members who will use their personality and skills to enhance the Pelicans game experience. Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for handling, preparing and executing all elements of the New Orleans Pelicans game experience. In addition, will provide support to leadership and facilitate proper execution. As part of the Game Night Staff, you will become an integral member of the team which supports the Game Experience department within the organization. This position is part time, but will require late nights, weekends and open availability for a majority of the New Orleans Pelicans home games and events. Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required.
- Prepares administrative support and coordinates on court game contests which will also include selecting contestants;
- Assist in the coordination of in-game elements with a focus on fan interactivity during pre-game, stoppages, and intermissions;
- Act as a positive representative for the organization in and out of the arena during all games and various external events;
- Escorts and coordinates with performers for game entertainment;
- Works closely with the New Orleans Pelicans Entertainment Teams and assists when needed;
- Prepares and facilitates giveaways during the games;
- Supports and takes cues from the arena host;
- Assists camera shots by working with the production crew and designated Smoothie King Center employees
- Needs to be enthusiastic, energetic and be able to adapt quickly on the fly regularly;
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the sports, live entertainment / production, and special event industry;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and solve problems in a high-stress, fast-paced live event/production environment;
- Superb customer service and quick thinking troubleshooting;
- Must be detail-oriented and highly self-motivated with a shared commitment to excellence;
- Takes directions well and steps up to work together as a team;
- Maintains professional manner;
- All Game Experience staff members must be available 3.5 hours before the start of each home game and through one hour after the game concludes;
- Ability to work well with others including Show Caller, other stage managers, Game Experience staff, camera operators, hosts, VIPs and more;
- Must be able to be on your feet for hours at a time on game days as you execute your responsibilities.
I. Travel Requirements
This position may require travel up to 5%.
II. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds and being on your feet for hours at a time.
III. Work Environment
The incumbent will spend the majority of their time at the Smoothie King Center for New Orleans Pelicans games and on occasion, external Pelicans events. They will be expected to attend Pelicans games at the Smoothie King Center, as well as other related events that may take place on weekends and/or holidays.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.