*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
The Game Experience Associate helps plan and execute each home game for the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans. They’ll help ensure that every fan-facing element of the game’s live presentation is flawlessly executed. This role requires impeccable project management skills, attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This is a year-long, paid internship focused on the 2021/22 pro sports seasons. This position is oriented towards recent or soon-to-be college graduates who are starting their professional journey in sports, event production, live entertainment or a closely related field.
- Create essential gameday documents including PA books, Production binders, Emcee Punch lists and Gameday Staff checklists.
- Proofread and distribute gameday scripts, logs and other materials.
- Operate the gameday scripting software (ShoFlo) and make real-time script changes as needed.
- Attend pre-game meetings and rehearsals to help ensure all gameday elements run smoothly.
- Help coordinate and book talent for key moments such as national anthem, halftime and flag unfurls.
- Oversee the flag unfurl sign up, check in and execution on Saints game days.
- Assist with in-game activations and promotions; including the staging of fans and equipment.
- Assist with the layout and execution of concourse activations as needed.
- Assist the Entertainment Teams Manager with game day prep and ticketing for cast members.
- Prepare in-game paperwork, prizes, and inventory.
- Maintain database of all in-game contestant photos and release forms as well as an archive of email correspondence with contestants.
- Represent the Saints and Pelicans organization at off-site community and sponsor events.
- Contribute to weekly Game Experience team meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Game Experience Manager.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Should be actively pursuing or recently received a degree in a relevant field of study.
- Prior experience with event planning, live entertainment or customer service is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong teamwork mentality and truly enjoy helping others be successful.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to solve problems in real-time.
- Must be comfortable in a faced paced environment and respond well to changes in direction.
- A basic understanding of football and basketball game fundamentals is required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 due to NBA and NFL health & safety protocols.
- Must be able to lift over 25+ pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work long, irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SAINTS AND PELICANS HOME GAMES.
- Must live in the New Orleans area or be willing to relocate for one year.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans are a plus.
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.