Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness
The Washington Capitals Youth Hockey Development Intern will be responsible for assisting in all day-to-day operations of the department focusing on community outreach and growing the game of hockey. This is a paid position.
Do you have youth hockey experience, are upbeat, friendly and passionate about supporting the Capitals? We would love to hear from you!
- Organize and participate in various street hockey and hockey school events throughout the season.
- Run Street Caps hockey clinics in the community focused on teaching youth and sharing the love of hockey.
- Develop new and enhanced community hockey programs to be implemented during the 21-22 season.
- Represent the Washington Capitals at local community fairs, festivals, and grassroots events.
- Support the execution of the 2021-22 Future Caps Learn to Play program, including monitoring the online registration portal, updating rink information and schedules, managing alumni appearance schedule, and educating coaches.
- Develop and launch female hockey growth initiatives.
- Plan and implement exciting clinics and youth hockey events through the season.
- Participate in on-ice hockey clinics and events.
- Assist in execution of youth hockey programming at home games.
- Maintain the Youth Hockey Database with participant data from all events.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Previous ice hockey playing experience and hockey skating proficiency required.
- Ability to learn quickly and work optimally both independently and on a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Organized and able to prioritize and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Positive demeanor with strong team spirit.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.