Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Vice President, Ticket Sales and Services, will lead all aspects of a dedicated campaign to exceed targeted ticket sales, revenue, and retention goals for the Washington Wizards through the sales and service of a full menu of Wizards ticket products, including full season memberships, partial season ticket plans, group tickets and individual game tickets.
- Lead the planning, development and activation of all Wizards ticket sales product offerings, including new full season memberships, group tickets and individual game tickets, as well as the service, retention, renewal and upgrade efforts for all established Wizards ticket purchasers.
- Champion and nurture an exciting and positive culture that extends through all levels of the sales and service teams through team building initiatives, professional development programs, and innovative motivational techniques.
- Manage the planning and enhancement of our DC 12 Club Membership program to further engage current full season ticket members and drive retention rates.
- Develop and implement proactive tactics to create incremental sales and retention opportunities, with a heavy focus on a bold event-based sales and service campaign.
- Work with the MSE Business Intelligence team in establishing, monitoring, and modifying all Wizards ticket sales product offerings.
- Work with the Wizards Marketing team to plan ticket sales, service and retention driven marketing campaigns.
- Manage and measure the effectiveness of all adopted ticket sales and service related technology tools, and explore newly available technology for opportunities to improve ticket sales, service, and retention efforts.
- Lead and support direct reports in recruiting, hiring, and training Wizards ticket sales and service teams.
- Establish and review monthly and yearly sales revenue goals, monitoring sales activities, and reporting of sales results.
- Support the development, activation, and tracking of a dedicated annual renewal campaign.
- Provide regular reporting information by maintaining accurate reports of sales and retention volume and revenue totals on both departmental and individual seller levels.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of group theme nights throughout the season.
- Work with our CRM team to maintain accurate customer and prospective customer records in our database, and distribute leads in an efficient manner.
- Lead the sales and service management teams to ensure a seamless and efficient transition of new Full Season Members from sales team to membership services team.
- Work most Wizards home games for the purpose of activating and supporting in-game ticket sales, service, and retention efforts and promotional initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years successful ticket sales and/or service management experience in professional or college sports.
- 3+ years of successful ticket sales and/or service campaign management experience, preferred.
- Familiar with and have a strong passion for professional basketball.
- Ambitious and dedicated attitude toward meeting and exceeding goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably and professionally with members of all departments across the company.
- Results-oriented approach to selling, retention, and campaign management.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects at once in order to efficiently lead directors, teams, and campaigns.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM system and Archtics ticketing system preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.