Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, DC, and named a 2018 Washington Post Top Workplace, is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and 2018 AFL CHAMPION Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL STANLEY CUP CHAMPION Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. The District of Columbia and Events DC are building a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus which will feature a state-of-the art training practice facility for the Wizards and also include a 4,200-seat arena which will become the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. The facility is scheduled to open in the fall of 2018. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of the Vice President, Global Partnerships Sales is to generate significant incremental sponsorship revenue in order to achieve sales goals for Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s family of brands: Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, Washington Valor, Baltimore Brigade, Capital City Go-Go, Wizards District Gaming, Capital One Arena and Eagle Bank Arena
- Develop fully-integrated, customized sponsorship platforms based on the specific and unique business challenges for each prospect utilizing all of the brands and assets to help fulfill the client business objectives.
- Draw on a list of contacts developed from past sponsorship experiences and develop/cultivate (cold call) new corporate marketing prospects to pursue revenue.
- Work with Partnership Marketing Group to ensure that all accounts are being efficiently serviced by coordinating the implementation of partnership packages.
- Continually stay ahead of sports marketing trends and knowledge of the marketplace.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and participate in company activities/meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of global partnerships sales experience.
- Experience Selling Digital and Out-of-Home assets a plus.
- You should be a strategic thinker.
- Ability develop and maintain corporate relationships, with senior level managers and clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience leading and mentoring peers.
- Flexible schedule - available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.