Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, DC, and named a 2018 Washington Post Top Workplace, is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the AFL’s Baltimore Brigade and 2018 AFL CHAMPION Washington Valor, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL STANLEY CUP CHAMPION Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. The District of Columbia and Events DC are building a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus which will feature a state-of-the art training practice facility for the Wizards and also include a 4,200-seat arena which will become the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. The facility is scheduled to open in the fall of 2018. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team.
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Vice President of Creative Services will lead an internal team responsible for implementing and managing all creative elements of Monumental Sports & Entertainment including graphic design, signage, motion graphics, and other brand components.
- Oversee all creative requests across our organization including: marketing, sales, community relations, game presentation, arena needs, ownership projects, Wizards District Gaming, and the Monumental Sports Network.
- Lead and direct the creative team in production of all marketing collateral - create content for each property with continuity through print, digital, and social mediums.
- Work with Marketing and Communications departments efforts to continue growing the executive BE MONUMENTAL corporate campaign.
- Continue to grow the MSE brand through consistent corporate assets including business cards, email signatures, logos, stationary, and more.
- Create seasonal brand guidelines that includes concept to completion in conjunction with Brand lead from each team.
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
- Collaborate with the Productions, Communications, and Digital departments on various deliverables.
- Support game day/night coverage and special events with designs and publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of graphic design, advertising or related experience.
- Direct management experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and proofreading skills.
- Skilled in photo manipulation, typography, publication layout, and animated graphics.
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, HTML, CSS, and Responsive design.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail orientated and deadline driven.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.