Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Assistant Manager, Box Office is responsible for assisting with the management of box office staff. This position will focus on supporting operational activities of the Box Office during events at EagleBank Arena.
Do you have previous box office or customer service experience? We would love to hear from you!
- Supervise Box Office staff with responsibility for scheduling, evaluating performances and overseeing correct customer service actions of all staff.
- Build and maintain group sales reports and Box Office statements, settlement sheets, and daily ticket sales reports.
- Support the Senior Director working with promoters on scaling, ticket builds and programming upcoming events with Ticketmaster.
- Assist with the reconcilement and deposit of daily sales receipts.
- Attend staff and production meetings.
- Train new employees in box office policy and procedures, and the use of ticketing equipment.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with EagleBank Arena.
- Teach and advise staff on changes in policies and procedures, or working standards.
- Monitor departmental operations and objectives to ensure the most effective services are being provided.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services and resolve operational problems.
- Manage the departmental Group Sales and ADA programs.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the box office.
- Supervise during events and manage customer service issues, including working with Guest Services.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years Box Office experience or related management experience.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Host & TM1 computer systems and Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.