Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Specialist, Guest Relations is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Guest Relations Department. This position will focus on delivering outstanding customer service while supporting part-time staffing needs.
Are you an experienced administrative professional who is organized, deadline-orientated, and loves working on a team? We would love to hear from you!
- Coordinate event needs including staff schedules, event assignments, staff check in, and event reports.
- Track and maintain team member information including employee files and contact information.
- Respond to guest concerns as they arise in person, via email, and over the telephone.
- Support part-time staffing needs including job applications, departmental records, and employee forms.
- Reconcile department payroll.
- Build signage to communicate various information for assigned events.
- Track and update guest concerns records for past and future events.
- Coordinate ordering of department supplies, uniforms and other items.
- Support preparation and execution of staff trainings and management of department intern.
- Coordinate with finance department in compiling and tracking department purchases into yearly budget book.
- Understand and act in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement between MSE and the part-time union staff.
- Act as Manager on Duty for events as needed.
- Supervise staff attendance, contacting staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years administrative experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of ABI, preferred.
- Ability to optimally balance a diverse workload and prioritize workload in order to complete projects on a deadline.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.