Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: To ensure a safe and secure environment at Capital One Arena and MedStar Wizards Performance Center for patrons and employees by patrolling assigned areas and monitoring activities.
- Allow only properly ticketed/approved guest into Capital One Arena and MedStar Wizards Performance Complex.
- Ensure employees and patrons are safe at all times; including preventing theft, protection of personal property, preventing assaults, gate crashing, or other disorders at meetings, events or performances.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Protect participants at an event from overzealous spectators.
- Detain individuals based on probable cause for an offense committed in his or her presence.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Prevent unauthorized personnel from entering restricted areas, answer alarms, and investigate disturbances.
- Complete reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Conduct patrols to preserve order and protect property.
- Lock and unlock entrance doors and all exterior doors, ensuring that all locks and chains are secured, and panic bars locked down as needed.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Interact in a professional manner with every department within Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- Greet all visitors, vendors, and employees; while continuously maintaining the standards of excellence in presentation and professionalism.
- The Security Department operates on a 24/7 365-day basis and all security officers are considered essential personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience in security, law enforcement, military or life safety.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DC Special Police Officer License issued by Security Office Management Branch within 14 days of hire.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments and conditions including; around loud noises, strobe lights, heat, cold, rain, wind, and dust.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Availability to work 25-30 hours per week.
- Flexibility to work on call assignments as needed.
- Availability to work sixty (60) percent of schedule events each month.
- Flexibility to work weekends (Friday-Sunday) forty (40) percent of total availability each month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.