Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Production Manager is responsible for organizing content with cost tracking, budgeting, scheduling, crewing and day-to-day production management operations for Monumental Sports and Entertainment’s Productions team. This position will support projects in coordination with Post-Production Supervisor and team to create projects, manage logistics on field productions, connect with clients to deliver projects in a timely manner, and schedule staff.
Are you a team orientation production manager with excellent communication skills and experience leading and scheduling a team? We would love to hear from you!
- Maintain a solid understanding of all content across Productions department.
- Create and manage content budgets and variance reports with overall department budget.
- Build and handle production schedules including internal and external crews as needed.
- Lead tracking, approval and coding of production and crew invoices, credit card statements and expense reports.
- Track production department project budgets and department budget quarterly.
- Handle and suggest improvements to internal project tracking system (Salesforce) as it pertains to Productions department.
- Efficiently communicate shoot logistics with the crews for each project.
- Connect with MSE internal clients to create and track requests delivery.
- Lead weekly production meetings and individual project meetings as needed.
- Maintain and share production calendar with team.
- Hire field and post production crews for live games, studio productions and/or ENG shoots.
- Coordinate all production from pre-pro through field, including acquiring required releases, insurance requirements, crew credentials, sideline spots for filming and more, during shoot as well as any other permissions for Production Crew.
- Manage production binders and music cue sheets in coordination with support staff.
- Coordinate scheduling for part time, freelance and interns including intake and new hire process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years production experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, results driven, strong communication skills and comfortable with client relations.
- Experience managing and scheduling full-time, part-time, and contracted staff.
- Ability to be on-call in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Availability to travel depending on production needs.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.