Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Sr. Manager, Productions Finance position is responsible for overseeing all financial activities of Lincoln Productions, LLC.
Do you have accounting experience and are looking to grow your career in finance? We would love to hear from you!
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Create and distribute monthly financials.
- Lead all aspects of monthly accounting close.
- Manage customer budgets.
- Oversee accounts receivable.
- Track and analyze actual spend to budgets.
- Integrate information from ShowManager with financial reporting tools.
- Review financial terms of 3rd party agreements including service, purchase, and lease agreements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 6+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced user of Excel.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and enhance project tracking and financial reporting technology/tools.
- Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritize work and is detail driven.
- Dedicated, outgoing, hard-working, and dependable.
- Highly motivated and self driven.
- Experience with Great Plains, preferred.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.