Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Manager, Global Partnership Strategy is responsible for being the day-to-day lead to supervise the execution of all contractual elements for a top-tier partnership. This position will focus on the development, management, and execution of MSE/partner joint initiatives that ensure customer success and growth, while supporting MSE advance its organizational priorities.
Do you have previous sponsorship experience, are creative, have strong communication skills and are comfortable handling a large portfolio? We would love to hear from you!
- Maintain an excellent knowledge and understanding of contractual obligations for top-tier partnership.
- Navigate and influence senior decision makers and articulate long-and-short term recommendations to drive value for MSE and the partnership.
- Collaborate with and influence internal MSE partners across multiple business units to deliver on Partner’s business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of MSE’s strategies, marketing initiatives, current issues, and scope of current/future operations by forging positive relationships with cross-functional MSE’s lines of business.
- Support the development of an annual Partnership strategy that identifies maximum long-term growth.
- Coordinate development of monthly key portfolio dashboards and updates for partnership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years of marketing, promotions, or sponsorship experience.
- Experienced in marketing/promotions development and event planning.
- Ability to communicate in a persuasive and collaborative style with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while making timely and data-informed decisions.
- Experience working with creative teams to ensure creative execution delivers on identified business objectives.
- Self-motivated individual capable of managing workload independently while also contributing to the team.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal, written.
- Demonstrated strong abilities in prioritization and multi-tasking
- Advanced project management skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays with occasional travel as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.