Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates seven professional sports teams: the 2018 Arena Football League champion Washington Valor, AFL’s Baltimore Brigade, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which will serve as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. Monumental Sports & Entertainment also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Manager of Digital will collaborate to produce creative content, develop innovative ways to engage fans, and uncover additional revenue opportunities through branded content within Wizards Marketing. This position will focus to create original graphics, video content, and digital experiences for the Washington Wizards official team site, official social channels, and team mobile app.
Are you an experienced content producer with a passion for developing creative ways to drive engagement? We would love to hear from you!
- Manage creative content development and updates to drive revenue opportunities through partnership and ticket sales support.
- Collaborate to elevate coverage of players, sponsored initiatives, community efforts, special events and live event content coverage.
- Build original graphics and video content from concept and initial pitch through final execution.
- Elevate photography, build content, capture, and produce video and other on-demand content from footage collected at games and practices.
- Lead on all aspects of website and mobile app updates, feature improvements, and new experiences.
- Conceptualize content ideas for daily social and digital use, such as short-form, behind-the-scenes, and hype videos.
- Develop and design static and motion graphics for use on digital and social platforms.
- Support Internal reporting and analytics on social media performance and growth to relevant partners.
- Build and implement strategies to increase social following and league rankings on all platforms.
- Support game day coverage of all games and team events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in content production with a focus on digital media.
- Strong content editing and creation skills, utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and others.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- Strong understanding of professional lighting and sound in produced video content.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.