Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sportsbook with William Hill at Capital One Arena and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Senior Director, Marketing position will grow the Washington Capitals fan base through developing and coordinating all aspects of the Capitals brand including brand building, fan base growth and generating revenue opportunities through partnerships, ticketing and retail.
Are you an experienced marketing professional with a passion for building a brand, storytelling and growing a fan base through creative marketing? We would love to hear from you!
- Build the Capitals brand through development of a data-focused marketing strategy that helps define the team identity through storytelling, attract and retain fans, and builds brand loyalty.
- Concept and implement creative marketing initiatives for Capitals prospects and partners to drive partnership revenue across owned marketing channels.
- Champion Capitals brand identity and creative through brand guidelines and approvals; promote consistency of Capitals brand in all internal and external communications and assets.
- Support Capitals ticket sales and service through unique in-game promotions, group sales initiatives and season ticket holder benefits.
- Create meaningful programming to celebrate NHL platforms and team/player achievements.
- Engage and grow fan base through experiential marketing opportunities at MedStar Capitals Iceplex, Capital One Arena and throughout the DMV.
- Understand Capitals target audience segments and build targeted marketing initiatives through open practice activations, theme nights, affinity clubs..
- Drive earned media through special projects and creative programming.
- Support Capitals grassroots efforts and youth hockey.
- Assist with Capitals retail sales and hot market apparel opportunities through retail locations and online.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years of experience in Branding; Experiential Marketing.
- Experience supporting and advising a team.
- Excellent writing, communication and proof reading skills; outstanding attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about the latest technology and social media trends and tools.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects) Content Management Systems.
- Organized, thorough and detail driven.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.