Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
The Head Athletic Trainer will lead all aspects of the acute care of all injuries sustained both on and off the court for the Washington Mystics WNBA team. This individual will provide emergency, first response care and will ensure accurate transfer of care to appropriate medical staff when needed and will occasionally provide treatment and exercises to assist with athlete injury rehabilitation.
Are you an accomplished Athletic Trainer with a passion for injury prevention and treatment development for athletes with a love for basketball? We would love to hear from you!
- Lead the provision of first aid and emergency care.
- Develop and implement the team’s emergency care strategies.
- Provide health and wellness education to players.
- Assist in the recognition and evaluation of player injuries and the facilitation of player rehabilitation programs.
- Apply different forms of therapy and recovery modalities and provide manual therapy as part of preventative and maintenance programs.
- Coordinate player care and incoming player physicals and medical screenings.
- Facilitate league required drug testing to ensure team and player compliance with the league’s policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Athletic Training.
- 5+ years of experience working as an Athletic Trainer for a fast-paced, accomplished team at the intercollegiate or professional levels.
- N.A.T.A. Certified.
- Extensive professional training, knowledge, and expertise in the development and delivery of first aid and emergency care practices, techniques, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
- Digital literacy including proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.