Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Manager, Digital Marketing is responsible for building content for the Washington Mystics and Capital City Go-Go across all digital channels focusing on our website and social media. This person will focus on planning, creation, distribution and optimization of content to support current marketing goals. They will also work collaboratively across the greater marketing team, public relations, basketball operations, ticketing, corporate partnerships and fan development teams, ensuring integration of digital campaigns against team objectives.
Are you a marketing professional with a passion for building brand recognition through marketing and promotion and have a love for sports? We would love to hear from you!
- Lead digital marketing efforts within our digital ecosystem including website and social media channels for the Mystics and the Go-Go through campaign planning, copywriting, content creation and support from the creative and productions team.
- Build and implement digital marketing campaigns to drive increased consumer awareness, engagement, ticket sales and game attendance.
- Cover all games, practices, community engagements and special events on social media.
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, emerging applications, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective.
- Collaborate with Digital Editor and Producer to build compelling video content.
- Ensure digital and social communications are brand consistent and in-line with Team design direction and voice.
- Handle team content, engagement, layout, and optimization with a focus on driving ticket sales and distributing key information to fans using standard HTML, CSS and WordPress.
- Partner with the Leagues, venue and other external partners to lead and optimize joint initiatives.
- Drive new digital and social media communications innovations into testing and practice.
- Build positive professional relationships and work effectively with professional athletes to achieve team, player, and marketing objectives.
- Collaborate with partnership marketing to ensure delivery of all corporate partner digital media assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 3+ years professional experience managing corporate website and social media; sports marketing experience is helpful.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and member of a cross-functional team.
- Creative writer with experience launching successful fan focused social media campaigns.
- Experience leading a team.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize several projects and problem-solve in a dynamic, fast paced work environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator and After Effects is helpful.
- Knowledge about the game of basketball and the WNBA preferred.
- Familiarity with website development and content management systems (CMS), WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience developing and understanding Brand Voice.
- Outstanding work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for supporting the Mystics and Go-Go.
- Results driven, a great teammate with a positive demeanor.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.