Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and 2020 NBA 2K League’s Champion Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena (COA) in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE recently opened the first ever in-arena sports book with William Hill at COA and also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The part-time Washington Capitals Marketing intern is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations for the Marketing department. This position will focus on assisting with fan development initiatives, promotions, grassroots marketing efforts, events and community programs. This is a paid position.
Are you creative, organized, hardworking, and have a strong understanding of sports culture? We would love to hear from you!
- Support the Marketing team with daily activities, events, and projects.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all events related to Capitals marketing initiatives including Caps Canines, Kids Club, Alumni Association and grassroot event marketing.
- Assist in the management of Kids Club and Caps Canines fulfillment and database.
- Develop content for the Kids Club, Caps Canines, Alumni Association and Caps Care website including event recaps, photo galleries, and interactive elements.
- Assist in content creation for fan development monthly newsletters.
- Assist with ideating and developing social content, contributing creative and innovative ideas for fan development and community programs.
- Conceptualize and propose new concepts for various aspects of fan development, experiential marketing, promotions, and theme nights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be an undergraduate/graduate student.
- Innovative, independent, and upbeat with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, able to prioritize work and problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Passion for live entertainment, promotions, events and creating experiences.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written including grammatical, spelling, and proofreading abilities.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Experience shooting and editing photos/video is helpful.
- Availability to work ~20 hours/week from October through May.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including during business hours and for games on nights and weekends as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.